Hot Jazz for a Cool Cause
Our annual fundraiser event provides a place where current and future donors, friends and volunteers can come out and support the programs of the Zion Hill CDC. In previous years we have had jazz performances by recording artists Ojeda Penn, Dennis Springer, Jeff Sparks, Jennifer Allen, and more.
Every first Saturday in December
We believe that every child should be able to experience the Christmas season without worrying about where they will get their next meal or where they will live. We also believe that Christmas is meant to be experienced with family, friends, toys, and joy. That is why we created our Lordstroms Holiday Outreach Program. Through the Lordstroms program children have a chance to have fun and pick out a few of their own toys for Christmas.
Donations of new, unwrapped toys are accepted throughout the year. We also provide the children and families with food, clothing and educational workshops or informational booths each year.
This program cannot happen without the help of people like you. There are many ways that you can help and here are just a few:
- Host a toy drive among your family and friends or at your job
- Volunteer to serve as one of Santa’s helpers on the day of the event
- Help set up the ‘Lordstroms Store’ on the day before the event
- Donate funds to purchase new toys
- Donate toys! Even one or two toys will help the cause